Fall is in full swing here in Ohio! The pumpkins need to be used up soon since it’s Thanksgiving this week! I love the fall season, the flavors, the bright colors, and the cool crisp feeling in the air. I’m also a fan of Thanksgiving, decor, recipe ideas and fun times with family that come with it, and this pumpkin pie ice cream recipe is perfect. The only thing I don’t like about fall is that it means winter is coming up quick!
I’ve been hungry for pumpkin so I thought I’d give my apple pie ice cream recipe a bit of a twist and make some dairy free pumpkin pie ice cream with coconut milk. It turned out delicious! I absolutely have to share the recipe!
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe- Dairy Free
- 1 cup canned or fresh cooked pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can coconut milk
- Add the coconut milk, the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and coconut sugar to a high speed blender.
- Pulse the blender until all combined.
- Add to your favorite ice cream maker and follow the directions, or alternatively add to a baking dish and place in the freezer.
- If you place the ice cream in the freezer, stir about every 30 minutes until frozen.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream:
This pumpkin ice cream is super easy to make! I throw everything into my NutriBullet Blender and pulse it a few times. If you don’t have a high speed blender you can throw it in a bowl and use your hand mixer.
Then I add the mixture to my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and let it churn for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until it’s fairly solid. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can throw the mixture into a shallow pan and place it in the freezer, then stir every 30 minutes while it’s freezing.
Once my pumpkin ice cream is frozen I like to put it in 1/2 pint jars to freeze individual portions. It’s super easy to fill up the jars, add the lid and place them in the freezer. When I’m ready to have some ice cream I just pull out a jar, let it sit for about 10 minutes at room temperature and enjoy! Yum!
I hope you enjoy this pumpkin pie ice cream recipe as much as I did!