I made this low carb chocolate peanut butter mug cake for lunch the other day, and it was delicious! Don’t judge, hah! I usually have a salad, or stir fry veggies, but some days a girl just needs chocolate… and peanut butter! This is really a dessert for 2 (at least). It’s super rich, chocolaty and delicious, you won’t even notice it’s low carb and keto friendly! The peanut butter cream cheese frosting really sets it off and makes this a truly decadent low carb keto dessert. It’s also grain free, and gluten free! Bonus!
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Sports Research Collagen Peptides, the link is below this recipe card to check it out on Amazon)
- 2 Tablespoons PB2 Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 2 teaspoons Sverve (or another low carb sweetener like stevia)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut creamer (I use So Delicious), you could also use heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (no salt added)
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Sverve
- In a large mug or a soup bowl, mix together the protein powder, peanut butter powder, coconut powder, Sverve, baking soda, cream of tartar, egg and coconut creamer.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, and let cool for a couple minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, mix together the frosting. If the cream cheese isn't room temperature, microwave it for just a couple seconds to make it easier to combine.
- Spread the frosting on the cake. It's not the easiest to spread, BUT it tastes amazing, so I don't worry about it looking beautiful too much.
- Enjoy while it's still a little warm!
Here are links to some of the ingredients on Amazon if you want to shop them:
- Collagen Peptides Chocolate Protein Powder
- PB2 Peanut Butter Powder
- Coconut Flour
- Sverve Powdered Sweetener
Like I said in the recipe card, this low carb chocolate peanut butter mug cake is best when you serve it a little warm! And remember this isn’t white flour so it does have just a hint of a grainier texture that’s more noticeable after it’s cooled, but it’s still delicious!
Looking for more low carb keto friendly recipes? Check out these low carb keto friendly crab stuffed mushrooms.
Or this low carb pina colada!