I’m a huge fan of low carb smoothie recipes, or maybe they’re protein shakes? I am never sure what to call them? But today I have a blueberry vanilla protein smoothie recipe to share with you! You can call it whatever you like but it’s low carb, grain free, gluten free and you can even make a dairy free version, depending on what type of milk you add.
Check out this quick and easy recipe if you want to make your own. These low carb protein smoothies are a staple for me during the summer months! They’re quick cool and delicious! Plus I get a few summer berries in my diet, and they’re always delicious!
- ½ cup frozen or fresh blueberries + a few extra for garnish
- 1 scoop vanilla bone broth protein powder (I like Left Coast link is below this recipe card)
- ¼ cup coconut creamer +3/4 cup water, or 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- ½ avocado (optional, but it makes the smoothie creamier)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Throw all the ingredients into a Nutri Bullet or similar heavy duty blender. Reserving a few of the blueberriess for garnish.
- Pour into your favorite smoothie glass and garnish with the left over blueberries.
I love this Low Carb Blueberry Vanilla Protein Smoothie recipe for breakfast or for a quick snack. I added the extra blueberries as a garnish for the photos, but you don’t have to add them, hah!
Okay, so if you’re a regular reader, or follow me regularly on Instagram or Pinterest you’ll know that this definitely isn’t my first low carb smoothie recipe. I make them most mornings for breakfast! And sometimes they’re lunch, or a late afternoon snack. If you’re looking for more low carb smoothie recipes check out my raspberry vanilla low carb smoothie recipe.
Or my favorite cranberry vanilla low carb smoothie recipe.
Do you have a favorite low carb smoothie recipe flavor? Mine is anything berry in case you can’t tell! Hah! I also regularly make a strawberry, and a chocolate so I’ll have those recipes coming up soon! I just need to photograph them before I eat them. Oops!