I love the flavor of cranberries this time of year, so I decided to add that flavor to my morning protein smoothie! I made this cranberry vanilla protein smoothie with Left Coast Performance Vanilla Bone Broth Protein Powder, but you can use your favorite protein powder. I also used SoDelicious Coconut Creamer, because it’s my fave, but you can use your favorite nut milk, or even dairy milk if that’s your thing.
Cranberry Vanilla Protein Smoothie
- ¼ cup frozen or fresh cranberries + a few extra for garnish
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I like Left Coast)
- ¼ cup coconut creamer +3/4 cup water, or 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- ½ avocado (optional, but it makes the smoothie creamier)
- ½ banana (optional, does add carbs)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Throw all the ingredients into a Nutri Bullet or similar heavy duty blender. Reserving a few of the cranberries for garnish.
- Pour into your favorite smoothie glass and garnish with the leftover cranberries.
I use my NutriBullet to blend my cranberry vanilla protein smoothie in just a few seconds. I just throw everything in and pulse it a few times and it’s done! Then I topped it with a few frozen cranberries, you could also add in some strawberries, or raspberries if you’re looking for a little less tart, and a little more sweet without adding too many carbs.
If you want to keep it very low carb add a little stevia and leave out the banana. I love adding banana to help with the creaminess of the smoothie. I LOVE the tart flavor of cranberries, so I didn’t add any extra fruit other than the 1/2 banana.
Do you have a favorite holiday smoothie flavor?
Here are a couple more smoothies I love: