I love the flavor of cranberries this time of year, so I decided to add that flavor to my morning protein smoothie! I made this cranberry vanilla protein smoothie with Left Coast Performance Vanilla Bone Broth Protein Powder, but you can use your favorite protein powder. I also used SoDelicious Coconut Creamer, because it’s my fave, but you can use your favorite nut milk, or even dairy milk if that’s your thing.
Cranberry Vanilla Protein Smoothie
Cranberry Vanilla Low Carb Protein Smoothie
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh cranberries + a few extra for garnish
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder I like Left Coast
- 1/4 cup coconut creamer +3/4 cup water or 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 avocado optional, but it makes the smoothie creamier
- 1/2 banana optional, does add carbs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla optional
- Throw all the ingredients into a Nutri Bullet or similar heavy duty blender. Reserving a few of the cranberries for garnish.
- Pour into your favorite smoothie glass and garnish with the leftover cranberries.
I use my NutriBullet to blend my cranberry vanilla protein smoothie in just a few seconds. I just throw everything in and pulse it a few times and it’s done! Then I topped it with a few frozen cranberries, you could also add in some strawberries, or raspberries if you’re looking for a little less tart, and a little more sweet without adding too many carbs.
If you want to keep it very low carb add a little stevia and leave out the banana. I love adding banana to help with the creaminess of the smoothie. I LOVE the tart flavor of cranberries, so I didn’t add any extra fruit other than the 1/2 banana.
Do you have a favorite holiday smoothie flavor?
Here are a couple more smoothies I love: