Some links in this post may be affiliate links~ If you make a purchase we may earn a commission.
I love soup and other warm comfort foods this time of the year. The only problem is I don’t do wheat or often grains these days. I try to stay lower in carbs, especially simple carbs. That’s why I was super excited to find Miracle Noodle Shirataki Pasta. I ordered them online since I’ve never seen anything like them in our local grocery. They’re gluten free, grain free, gmo free, CALORIE FREE, carb free noodles. I ordered some just to check them out.
They’re super easy to make, just drain, rinse and blanch for 1 minute. I used them in this yummy chicken miracle noodle soup recipe, and I also used them with some of my homemade spaghetti sauce. For me they were a wonderful replacement for traditional noodles! I’m definitely planning to order them again.
- 2 packages Angel Hair Miracle Noodles
- 1~ 16 oz can chicken or 2 chicken breasts: cooked and shredded
- ½ cup carrots finely chopped
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic~ minced
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Add the chicken, broth, carrots, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to a medium saucepan.
- Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Open and drain and rinse the Miracle Noodles according to package directions.
- Drop the Miracle Noodles into the soup, add a little more broth or water if needed.
- Cook for another minute and remove from the heat.
The noodles take on the flavor of the soup, since they’re very mild flavored themselves, almost like real pasta. They’re a little different in color. Here’s a pic of the noodles after they’ve been blanched.
Once you add them to your recipe though, they really are very similar to other pasta. I’m definitely keeping these stocked in my fridge from now on! I also used them with my homemade spaghetti sauce. I’ll be back to share that recipe soon!