This is one of my all time favorite lunch recipes! I always fill the saute pan and make enough for a couple days! I’ve never really shared this recipe before, because to me it’s so simple, but others may not think of making a chicken and vegetable stir fry without the rice. Many stir fry recipes are fabulous without the rice, and will work great for the Whole30 recipes and menus I’m following this month.
- 1 pound chicken breasts (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced yellow or red peppers
- ½ cup broccoli- cauliflower mixture
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- ½ red onion- diced
- ¼ cup celery- chopped
- 3 cloves garlic- minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- sea salt to taste
- Add the avocado or coconut oil to a large saute pan or wok and heat over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and let it cook through.
- Add in the mushrooms, carrots, peppers, broccoli-cauliflower, water chestnuts, onion and celery and saute for several minutes.
- Add in the garlic and salt and saute for a couple more minutes until some of the veggies just start to brown.
- Serve while still warm. You could also add in coconut aminos or a little sesame oil to add a little additional flavor.
In real life, most of the time when I make this chicken vegetable stir fry recipe I just throw in any vegetables I have on hand. Some other veggies I sometimes add include: yellow or zucchini squash, leeks, spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, you get the idea! I guarantee you won’t miss the rice! Check out my Whole 30 menu for day 3.