It’s definitely time to start planning the garden! Along with that comes any container gardens you want to plant this year. Want to add a little charm to your garden this year? Instead of just using plain old pots for your container gardens, give one of these repurposed container garden ideas a try. Now is a great time to round up those old items you want to re-purpose!
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
1. An Old Bicycle~ Add a container to the seat, or attach an old basket to the front of the bike then plant flowers around it.
2. An old tea pot or cooking pot. Make sure you poke a hole in the bottom for drainage!
3. An old chair~ Cut a hole in the center and add your planter.
4. An old wooden barrel~ This can be great for tomato plants and larger flowers.
5. An old wheelbarrow~ Just add dirt and your favorite flowers.
6. Old apple crates~ I use these on our front porch to plant some Snapdragons and Sweet Alyssum, or any other annual you might add to a hanging basket would also work great for this!
7. Some old shoes or boots~ You can arrange them on the sides of your walkway or stairs. Old cowboy boots or rain boots work great for this! If you use rain boots make sure you poke a hole in the bottom for drainage.
8. An old milk container
9. An old claw foot bath tub. This is great for herbs and even a mini vegetable garden!
10. An old wash basin
Are you going to give one of these repurposed container garden ideas a try? What repurposed container garden ideas have you used before? Can you add any to my list? I know there are a ton more ideas out there!
Looking for more gardening ideas? Check out these articles: